**Please note, as of late 2017 all podpoi come standard with knob handles, instead of floops with swivels.
Installing flowcord on to knob handle:
1. Loop the string and thread it through the knob. Thread flowcord through the loop. Use the string to pull the cord through the knob.
2. Thread the end of the flowcord through desired number of large washers.
3. Experiment with different number of washers, get your leash length perfect for you.
4. To finish the end:
- Thread the small washer onto the end of the flowcord by heating the end of the cord with a lighter, and using pliers while warm to form the end into a stick shape.
- Thread the stick through the small washer, then cut off the end of the flowcord.
- Melt the end of the flowcord and while the end is still soft/melted, use the edge of the lighter to flatten the end into a substantial disk of melted cord-tip.
Tip: if the melted plastic sticks to the lighter, it’s too hot. Wait a second before shaping it.5. Pull the cord up and it’s playtime!
5. Pull the cord up and it’s playtime!
If you have capsule-based poi e.g. podpoi, you'll need to get the washer on the end of your leash (see pic below)
- Melt and press the end into a stick shape
- Thread the cord through the washer, pliers will help you pull it all the way through
- Once through, tie a knot at the end and re-melt the knot to hold it together firmly
Installing flowcord onto capsule handles
If you are are using capsule handles, check out this quick video for flowleash installation instructions -
Installing flowcord onto floop handle:
If your floop handle separated from your leash, here are some tips to help you get the leash reconfigured.
You’ll want to have a lighter and a pair of pliers. Here’s a quick step-by-step:
- Trim off the end your flowleash
- Use a lighter to melt the end
- While it's warm, use pliers to pinch the end into a "stick" shape
- Thread the stick end of the flowcord through the small welded o-ring, around the swivel, and back through the ring again. Pliers help a lot on the second pass through the small o-ring (pic below)
If you need extra flowcord, you can find it on our website here: http://www.flowtoys.com/flowcord-by-the-foot/
Hope this helps, and please don’t hesitate to contact us know if you have any questions!