Questions about your finger loops? Need to re-string your wand? Here are some tips to help get your flow-wand working perfectly.
The black mesh loop is the finger loop. Here's a photo where you can see the finger loop in action.
The finger loop will adjust to fit the size of your finger, and your hand should hang an inch or two above the top of the wand.
We now attach the o-ring to the finger loop, so the o-ring would be less likely to get lost by accident.
You can find swiveled finger loops on our website here: http://www.flowtoys.com/swivelled-finger-loop/
If your o-ring/band happens to break, it will not affect the way the wand performs. The band does not have to be installed on your finger loop, and for many years we did not attach it that way.
If the band is not attached to your finger loop as displayed, an easy place to keep it safe is by slipping it over the top of the wand, so it doesn’t get lost. → This also makes it easy for you to tuck your finger loop under the band when you are stowing your wand.
When you play with your wand, it’s important to know there is a top and a bottom . The end with the flowtoys sticker is the bottom :)
→ Having the band on the top of your wand is also an easy way to identify the top from the bottom during play.
- You can change the string or string length on your flow-wand to suit your style.
- This video shows how to string a short-string wand - a long string is even easier as you do not need a finger loop ;)
A note on string material:
- The black string is chosen for its strength and durability - invisible magician's thread is too weak and will break with active use.
- We tried using white, silver, and grey string and fishing line, and surprisingly they are more visible than black as they catch and reflect light.
- The wand is not designed specifically for magic, but rather for movement. The magic is in your movement :)
We hope this helps, and if you have any questions please feel free to contact us.