types of button presses
Modified on: Sun, 25 Nov, 2018 at 11:26 AM
Understand how your button likes to be pressed!
There are a few types of press - learn and get it to do the things you want :)
- the ~ timings are approximate. Best to look for indicator flashes.
- “Hold to save" and “hold to delete” functions are fairly long to prevent accidental saves or deletes. Probably the second most used function is "hold to off” and it’s nice to be able to turn off your prop without having to watch/paying attention, to avoid accidental save. The current “hold to save” delay feels like the minimum cushion, maybe we could shorten it by 5-10%, but it would still feel similarly long, and by much more likely to hit accidentally.
Button Press/ Function
|~0.3 seconds or less. A quick click, like a computer-mouse click.|
Multiple clicks, like a double-click on a mouse, will access different pages → 2 clicks for page 2, 3 clicks for page 3, and so on.
Indicator: The light will blink dark during button presses and then flash the page number eg. 3 flashes for page 3
Tip: If you’re having trouble you might be trying to do it too fast!
Click 6 or more times to go past page 5 back to page 1.
You can navigate to a page with clicks from off or in any mode or adjust.
You do not have to wait for the page indicator to stop, you can press to go to the next mode immediately after getting to a page.
/Turn on, change mode, or select adjustment
~0.3-0.75 seconds. The classic button-press - this is what feels “normal” to most people.
Indicator: The light will blink dark during button presses.
- If you are adjusting a setting in page5, a “press” will temporarily select the adjusted setting, but the light will revert to the previous setting, the next time the light turns off (unless you hold to save it).
/Battery level indicator & enter "adjust"
- From ON → An indicator flash lets you know you can let go. This puts you in the “adjust” state and you can adjust the mode or setting you are in. “Long-press” again and every prop in a group will go to a random adjustment, this can make for great “looks" (new feature: adjust randomizer)
- From OFF → The battery charge level color flashes (green for good, orange for ok, red is dead)
Hold to off
- light flashes past adjust indicator, then fades to off, and remembers your mode & adjustment.
- When you press the button again, the light returns to where you were.
Pro tip: You can let go as soon as the fade-off indicator begins.
|~4 seconds. A third indicator flash lets you know you can let go.|
- If the light is on and grouped, it will turn off solo leaving the group on.
- If the light is off and grouped, “hold” will display the battery charge level estimate, and turn on the solo capsule, without the group.
Hold to save
/Save mode or setting
- If the light is in one of the mode pages (p1-p4), and you continue holding past “off” until the light turns back on again, you will save your pattern to the first slot in “Favorites” (p4m1).
- If the light is in page 5/settings, you’ll save the current setting adjustment.
|Hold to delete|
/Delete mode or setting
|~15 seconds.continue holding past save until light flashes red 5 times.|
- On the favorites page, this will delete the mode you’re on
- To delete ALL your favorites and reset to favorites default (single favorite: red) “hold to delete” in favorites autoplay.
- On the settings page, you can delete any single saved setting (set it back to default), or delete P5M10 to delete all settings and favorites (set your whole light back to factory defaults).
Pro tip: The default bold-red favorite mode makes a great landmark for the end of the page/when you’ve reached autoplay. Don’t delete it if you don’t need to!
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.