While you can use pod shells as end caps for your composite staff, we recently removed pod shells as a standard cap option for staffs for the following reasons:
- Flowcaps are universal as they are compatible with both flowlights and capsule lights, and any new lights we produce. Pod shells are only compatible with capsule lights.
- Flowcaps attach to tubes using a click-in connection that is secure. Pod shells do not click-in and use a friction fit to attach to tubes. The friction fit is not as reliable, and it requires the user to be aware of how the parts are connected to ensure the staff ends do not fly off.
If you plan on placing an order for a staff, and would like to have pod shells as end caps instead of flowcaps, please leave a customer note during checkout, and we will make it happen for you :)
You can also order the staff with flowcaps and swap them out with your podpoi pod shells - that way you have both caps on hand.
Check out this video to see how a pod shell works as an end cap, as well as other useful pod shell info:
- Features (0:20)
- Installing on tubes (0:35)
- Removing from tubes (1:35)
- Inserting capsule light (2:00)
- Removing capsule light (2:09)
- Capsules need C-ring to attach to pod shell (2:30)
We hope this helps, and if you have any questions please contact us!